Monday, January 18, 2016

Beauty File: January 2016 Beauty Board

I started 2016 on a skincare kick. My worklife is really demanding (#lawyered) and at the end of the day, I want to come home and get a little R&R. I love having products lined up that are waiting to be cracked opened and tested!  Below are products I've purchased, and yes, some that have been sent to me.  I only write about things I really like, and I hope you know to come to TFE for honest opinions. I have personally tested everything below and believe you will have good results if you try these products out. 



Frank Body is an affordable skincare brand with Aussie roots. Their focus is on naturally derived product ingredients like coffee :) They have a line that includes body scrubs, face scrubs, lip balms, face moisturizers and more. Their packaging is minimal and adorable; it's simple with easy to read labels on their jars and tubes.

Frank Body Lip Balm + Lip Scrub Duo ($14.95): This is my favorite lip duo, ever.  I love liquid lipsticks, liners, and matte lipsticks, but you need to have really smooth lips to use them otherwise, they highlight any flaky, dry skin on the lips and look terrible!  This lip scrub is made of ground coffee, sugar, macadamia oil and ethically sourced beeswax. It is gentle and has a very light,  sweet scent. It buffs away any dry skin from the lips. I follow it with their lip balm - a petroleum free balm that's light and unscented. The balm is made of lanolin, coffee seed oil, vitamin E and more. Lips stay soft for hours.
On my Snapchat (@FashionableESQ), I routinely film quick product reviews, unboxings, and first impressions. This lip duo has made my Snapchat feed more than once ;)
Frank Body Lip balm and Lip Scrub

Progenius Omega Treatment Rescue Face Oil by Nude + Bobbi Brown Radiance Boost Face Mask: I came up with another combo for you! The use of these two products together produces baby soft skin. The Bobbi Brown Masks launched this month and have been heavily praised, with due reason. The mask trio can be purchased in a mini's set, or individually, where each one will run you $47. The masks come in a metal tube and you get a lot of product (2.5 Oz). The "Radiance Boost" mask claims to soften skin and brighten it, revealing a more fresh-faced glow. This is absolutely true thanks to the very small walnut grains that act as the micro-scrubbers (don't worry, these are completely eco-friendly), algae extract to soften skin and and orange oil to boost skins radiance.
The Nude oil is all natural. Online it says it's lightweight. No friends, this is super heavy upon first application.I do not even dispense it from the dropper, I touch the dropper to my skin and that's enough. But, it's amazing. After a minute or two, it absorbs completely into the skin. The list of ingredients is impressive, from Omega 3's, to cold-pressed rose hip oil, this works to clarify skin, even skintone and smooth texture. A bottle will last you forever.

Bioderma Hydrabio H20 Micellar Solution: I have been using this micellar solution for about 7 months now. I rarely ever wash my face anymore. Now, I use this on two cotton rounds in the morning and in the evening. It takes off my makeup while also hydrating my skin. It helps prep my skin for my nighttime skincare routine. I have tried other types from this same line, but find that this one suits me best. It is good for sensitive skin. It is gentle and refreshing. It will remove your eye makeup as well, but that requires that you rest the cotton round on your eye for a few seconds, to let it soak in. I buy it on Amazon or on Beautylish.

Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation: a lightweight moisturizer that fades dark spots without chemicals. Licorice root, Vitamin C, sugarcane, all good stuff. I like this because it absorbs quickly and evens skintone. Do not use a lot of this - you only need a tiny bit to cover your face/neck. Something important: this wears well under makeup.

Caudalie Resveratrol Life, Eye Lifting Balm:  This is a very lightweight gel containing resveratrol. It lifts and smooths areas around the eyes and lips. I use this under my eyes where I have very faint, small lines, and did notice the skin to be more hydrated resulting in less lines. It feels good going on, and melts into the skin. However, when I used this around my lips, I really noticed a difference, and fast. It helps plump up the fine lines around the lips (especially above, near the cupids bow), and fills in the area where feathering can occur with lip products. I really think it's just a great moisturizer for the sensitive skin on the face.

Night Creams: 
Caudalie Resveratrol Life Night Infusion Cream: this is another resveratrol infused product. Caudalie, like Clarins uses plant-based ingredients to boost the efficiency of their products. This particular night cream has resveratrol, a natural ingredient found in plants. In nature, this compound helps plants fight off bacteria and fungi. On our skin, it has anti-oxidant properties and helps combat premature skin aging. This is a somewhat thick night cream, the trick is not to over use. If you apply to much, you will feel greasy, and it will not sink in. Use it sparingly and you will wake up with glowing, dewy skin. The scent is subtle and fades quickly.

Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream: I frequently write about Clarins because I really believe in the science behind the brand. Their products rarely disappoint. I am absolutely obsessed with the way this product smells. It has a calming fragrance. It's difficult to describe, but very pleasant. This is absolutely the best nighttime moisturizer. If I do not use this, I notice a difference in my forehead area the next day. If I apply this before bedtime, I wake up with soft, really moisturized skin. I use this sparingly, because it is costly, and because it spreads well, so you do not need a lot to cover your face/neck area. Lastly, this does not cause any breakouts, or produce any redness. I have very sensitive skin prone to redness and flushing. This actually helps calm my skin and lessens redness.

I hope you enjoyed the January Beauty Board! Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below, or Snap me! 










1 comment:

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...