Thursday, January 21, 2016

D&G Beauty Voyage Palette

D&G Beauty Voyage Palette 

Hi friends, D&G global makeup artist Christian McCulloch will be at Saks in Aventura Mall in Miami on Saturday, January 23. I have worked with Christian before and I think he's a super-talent. I'll admit, I had a "moment" when he did my makeup last year, and I found out that a few weeks earlier, he had done Kate Hudson's. Fangirling aside, I think he's very talented and working with some great products from D&G Beauty.



D&G Voyage palette
My number one loves are fashion & beauty. I love giving you guys tips and letting you know what products I think are worth the money and the hype. In my opinion, the D&G beauty products are worth it.  Doing my eyes is my favorite part of my makeup routine, which means I know eye shadows. My favorites include Too Faced, Urban Decay, Colour Pop, Milani (drugstore) and D&G Beauty. These D&G shadows are velvety and very pigmented with minimal fallout. They glide on like butter.

Just before the holidays, D&G launched a very limited number of their Beauty Voyage Travel Palette (very limited as in, 100). The Voyage Palette has just relaunched, and for a limited time, you can get your paws on it. It includes:
  • Four eye shadows (Desert 123, white, Delicate 125, muted gray, Desert 123 shimmery taupe, (not a duplicate, both part of the Desert 123 shadow quad), and Femme Fatale, 300, smokey, deep gray)
  • One blush (Peach)
  • One highlighter (The Illuminator in Eva 3)
  • Two lipsticks (Devil & Honey) *swatched down below*
  • Sturdy, Mirrored compact
  • Blush/ Highlighter brush
  • Dual ended eye and lip brush 
This one is a great choice for a woman the Miami woman on the go because half of your makeup essentials are already tucked into one convenient palette. In our city, we live a fast-paced lifestyle. There are countless days where we run from straight from work, to an event, with no time to go home and touch up. Additionally, I've seen a surge in Miami girls doing a nude, taupey lip. The D&G lipstick in Honey, in this palette is gorgeous for this effect. Pro tip: try dipping your finger into the highlighter, and then dabbing your lips in the center a couple of times. The effect is pretty and illuminating, and creates a little bit of a color gradient.

Christian gave TFE an exclusive quote, he said: “I love to use the paler eye shades - a golden taupe and a muted cool brown - for building up eye definition and contour with that silky subtle shimmer. Then that true black can pump up the eyes for evening if applied close and tightly around the eye as a strong liner. I can really see the Miami woman loving and using this palette, as it can take you anywhere”

 If you attend the event on Saturday, you also get an additional gift with purchase :) 

If you stop by and I'm there, please say hello! I hope to see you guys!

D&G Voyage palette swatches
Look 1, created with the palette

D&G Voyage palette swatches
Look 2, created with the palette 

D&G Voyage palette
Exterior of palette and the blush / highligther brush
D&G Voyage palette

D&G Voyage palette

D&G Beauty Voyage palette

D&G Limited Edition Beauty Voyage palette
D&G beauty lipsticks are creamy and pigmented. They wear like a dream. Sophia Loren collaborated with the brand and debuted "No.1" a velvety pink that suits all skintones. It's swatched down below. On the brand website, it is described as "a bright cherry pink." I don't find this to be bright red, it's more of a muted pink. It's creamy and moisturizing.
D&G Beauty Sophia Loren

D&G Beauty Voyage palette
This is new NO.1 Lipstick, designed in collaboration with Sophia Loren. 
*Swatched down below*
D&G Beauty Sophia Loren lipstick

D&G Devil swatch
D&G Beauty Classic Creme Lipstick in the shade DEVIL
 D&G Lipstick No.1 Swatch

D&G Lipstick Swatch in Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...