Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Art Basel Miami 2014: Mijares

art basel miami 2014 mijares

Alexander Mijares is a local artist who was born and raised in Miami.  I am so in love with his artwork! It's dynamic and full of color and energy.  He has been one of my favorites for a long time, which is why I was honored to cover the opening night of his newest series of paintings for Art Basel Miami, 2014.
The exhibit of his most current works features Mijares' trademark geometric, linear style fused with the vibrant colors that he is so well known for.  Nevermind the custom Lambo outside the gallery...
Art Basel 2014 Miami
I wore an embellished white silk shift dress by Vera Wang's now defunct sub-brand, Lavender Label. and sparkly shoes by BCBG.  The dress is old, but thew new DVF Cecilia "Ladder Stich Shift" dress is very similar.  I also like this classic embellished shift dress available at Nordstrom from brand Eliza J.








Miami Artist Alexander Mijares



Mijares art basel miami

netty del miami fashion blogger


white silk shift dress
 
white silk shift dress


What I Wore:
Dress: Vera Wang LL (old) (similar)
Necklace c/o T'audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...