Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Outfit: Of Mercer



I want to tell you about a workwear brand that I really like.  Of Mercer.  As many of you know, I'm a full time, practicing attorney.  My job is somewhat conservative; we can't really take many fashion risks, so dressing for work can get a little bit boring some days. Read: a lot boring.
Sigh.

I'm excited to tell you about Of Mercer because it stays true to its goal: impeccable workwear fashioned for your life. Impeccable indeed; well tailored, high quality fabric, WORK wear pieces that are actually, work appropriate.  I see so many companies that try to pass off a pair of pants or a dress as office appropriate, and I think to myself, are you kidding me? With a hemline that's 8 inches above the knee? I mean, I know it's commonly done (trust: I see a lot of tragic outfits during the week), but in my mind, an office means you keep it appropriate.  You don't show too much leg and you don't walk around in spandex or minis.

Of Mercer pieces are traditional but have some sort of flair or design element that sets them apart and makes them feel a little bit more luxe than the regular Old Navy slacks (I'm not knocking...just sayin').  They currently carry a carefully curated range of work dresses and blazers.  If you browse their site, you'll also find some pretty jewelry items that you can transition from the office, from day to night.

Oh, and another thing.  Their lookbooks will make you forget that you're bored with your regular 9-5 office attire. They'll inspire the inner Corporate Goddess in all of you.








Happy Shopping.
All photography by The Architect of Style


What I'm Wearing:
C/o Of Mercer Hudson Dress (in black here).  TFE Pro Tip: Size up a full size for a more loose fit, similar to how my Hudson Dress fits.
La Fenice Heels
DKNY Calf Hair bag
LOFT white button down
DSW Statement Necklace
Theory Obi Belt

Shop the brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...