Thursday, April 5, 2012

OOTD: How To Wear Mint Green Pants

 
Gripe: I had a fantastic and well written post saved for this entry.  I logged into Blogger from my Ipad, and the post was gone; deleted.  The only thing left of the post was the title.  This is the second time this happened to me!  The first time I thought I had accidentally done something wrong and deleted the content myself.  I now realize that Blogger + Ipad are an angry match.   Has this happened to anyone else? What apps do you recommend for on-the-go blogging?

I purchased these mint green skinnies from Forever21, as detailed in this previous post but they're way too big.  I figured, since I was buying from F21, I had to size up at least one size?  Wrong.  These fit me as if they were two sizes bigger than the way I'd normally like my jeans to fit.  Because the return policy at F21 is terrible, and because they seem to sell out of everything in 2.3 seconds, I kept them.

How To: I like to pick one piece of clothing, whether it's a T-shirt or jeans and build an outfit around that.  I know that some of you start with your shoes!
For this outfit, I chose the mint pants and built around them with:


2. A neutral khaki wrap.  (similar here) I've found that it pairs really well with white and I like how it looks with mint green.  

3. An orange necklace on the top to balance color on the top and bottom, and also to have something that would pop against the white. 

4. The shoes are my current favorites. They're really comfortable (even though they don't look it) and they're rose gold (even though they don't look it)

Too big :( 











What I'm wearing: 

White tee: Gap white Tee 30% off using President's Day code GAPBRIGHT, (also here) or you can get a 6 pack of Men's tees from Hanes in size Small at Target for $22.99

Khaki Wrap: Calvin Klein via TJMaxx - try a similar one.

Where to buy mint colored skinnies: Pants: Forever21 (soldout). Gap has mint colored skinnies with 30 % off using code GAPBRIGHT for President's Day.  Try   This pair by Paige, or this pair from ModCloth, or this pair from ASOS.

Necklace: Old Navy (old)similar here.

Earrings: BaubleBar Tournasol Earrings $26.  If you don't know what BaubleBar is yet, please click here.
You will be HAPPY that you clicked.

Shoes: Enzo Angiolini Karezza studded sandals $69. Buy through Macy's here. Buy them. They're fashionable and cute and comfy. EDIT: NOW AVAILABLE IN AN UPDATED STYLE HERE.

Aviators: Marc by Marc Jacobs (past season). Try this gold framed pair by Ray-ban $139.

Polish: Essie's Exotic Liras

17 comments:

  1. love those sandals!

    xo julesinflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that color is so pretty on you!! but yes i agree they are slightly too big for your petite frame!! hopefully they will shrink in the wash for you because the color is so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post and I am loving your blog, it has a great style and like its layout, it has given me ideas for mine, so thanks so much for that ☺ I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog and really love it? I would like to invite you to my ‘promote your blog’ challenge I have featured on my blog, where us bloggers are helping one another find more followers and readers. It would be great if you could join in.
    Also, if you have facebook, I would be so grateful if you liked my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll

    All the best,
    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with some Forever 21 "skinny" jeans I ordered recently. Definitely size down! I was going to try and return mine, but I wonder if I trip through the washer and dryer might help.

    Those rose gold sandals are awesome - adding to my spring wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving mint so much right now! fab! thanks for stopping by my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the color of your mint pants :) they're not your typical mint and you've paired it perfectly with the neutral jacket! you look amazing :D
    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better and Better ideas and style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you styled those mint green pants and that pop of orange is so much fun! Your sandals are just stunning! Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! many thanks for your comment on my blog! you look great, loving those mint trousers. happy to be your newest follower! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colour is so beautiful on you!! Its a shame they're a bit too big :(
    Love the sandals though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I am sad! I was so happy to see what size I fit into when I bought my own F21 skinnies. Woe is me!

    http://www.melificent.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love how you styled these mint green skinnies. I need to find a pair.

    I have had that problem with iPad and blogger. I scheduled a post via blogger and woke up the next morning with it ALL gone. I now avoid using my iPad with blogger which is such a pain.

    Thanks for participating in Fashionista Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the neutral & orange with the mint - looks great!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loooovely minty fresh!!

    http://fiftysixfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! Maybe try drying your skinnies a little longer than usual! I have a similar khaki wrap that i'm inspired to style now :))

    Chioma
    Chocolattesbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...